Job Title: PLANT SPECIALIST
Location:Grayce Floral, Lubbock, Texas
Full-Service Florist - Event Planning - Home & Garden Boutique
When you step into Grayce, it’s as though you’ve stepped out of West Texas and into a quaint, modern, and elegant floral boutique. At Grayce, we specialize in bringing unexpected charm and extraordinary beauty to your home, garden and next event. When it comes to florals, we specialize in creating breathtaking, luxury European arrangements with modern sensibility. Grayce offers same day fresh floral delivery to all guests. In addition to fresh florals, we also offer full wedding and event planning services. Our home and garden decor, along with our various lines of fragrances, body products and candles, make us a one-stop shop for all your gift needs in Lubbock! Grayce is Where Garden Meets Home.
The general responsibilities for a plant specialist at Grayce Floral Design Studio are to have an extensive knowledge of nursery/outdoor plants. Will be required to prune, water and maintain overall health of plants. Must be creative and able to plant pots, dish gardens, hanging baskets for retail sale. Must also be willing to travel on location to clients homes for onn-site plantings, transportation is provided.
You musthave excellent communication skills when working with customers to exceed their order’s expectations.
The plant specialist reports directly to the owners. The owners performs personnel reviews and works with the owner on salary administration for this position.
- Waters, prunes and maintains plant health appropriately.
- Inventories product, evaluates status, cares for damaged product, and replaces where necessary upon owner’s approval.
- Fills customer orders completely and creates dish gardens, planters and hanging baskets at their request, all in a timely manner.
- Cleans the courtyard area daily.
Counsels customers regarding plant care.
• Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
Assists customers by:
- Escorting them to the products they're looking for and have knowledge on products and services
- Securing products that are out of reach
- Loading or unloading heavy items (must be able to lift up to 50 lbs)
- Making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- Performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Adheres to company policies and employee manual.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- You will work approximately 15-30 hours per week (shifts varying between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm). There may be an occasional phone call or text message on days off in order to clarify questions concerning orders.
- Available Saturdays as well
- 1-year minimum nursery experience
- Impressive customer service and attention to detail is a MUST
- Excellent knowledge of nursery/outdoor varieties, blooming plants, foliage plants, as well as houseplants
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as under pressure
- Organized, well prepared, GREAT time management, and efficient
- Availability to work 15-20 flexible hours as days and shifts will vary between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. as well as, Friday and Saturday
- Ability to lift up to at least 50 pounds
Please send resume with three professional references to:firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8, 2019.